OOKLA SPEED TEST – TECHNICAL DETAILS
‘SPEED IS GOOD’ Campaign:
- The SPEED IS GOOD campaign is based on the analysis conducted on an independent 3G network data (Test) that has been collected through SpeedTest App by well-known backend data provider Ookla LLC having their office at of 110, Union Street, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98101, USA.
- Ookla LLC is a global leader in broadband testing and web-based network diagnostic application.
- Ookla’s software and methodologies of the SpeedTest App set the industry standards for accuracy, popularity and ease of use and the subsequent development of statistical data.
- The Speedtest app is owned and developed by Ookla LLC.
Ookla Speed Test
- Ookla Speed Test is a world-renowned App that is simply the world’s most popular application for testing the speed of internet connections with more than five million tests conducted using it daily across the world.
- It allows all users of the Speedtest App to test the data speed delivered by their ISP or Mobile broadband provider.
- The Speedtest App measures the speed of a user’s internet connection against one of the many geographically dispersed servers located around the world.
- Ookla’s software application is hosted on over 3500 servers worldwide, of which over 60 are located across different cities in India.
- The technology is available on Android, iOS and Windows Phone platforms.
- More than 7 billion tests have been conducted using the Ookla Speedtest App till date. More details can be accessed at www.ookla.com.
- Ookla’s services have been universally adopted by nearly every Internet Service Provider in the world (80% of the world’s ISPs), translated into over 30 languages and utilized by thousands of small businesses, federal and state governments, universities and major organizations across the globe.
- These results derived from the Test are applicable to and govern the marketing claims made by Vodafone India based on Speedtest data provided by Ookla LLC
- The Test was performed by using data from the Speedtest application provided by Ookla LLC under a valid licence.
- Data for the period between September 1, 2014 and February 28, 2015 has been considered
- The Data collected is from the respective licensed 3G telecom circles of all service providers across India.
- The size of data used in this Test are (over 1.74 million data points) is of factually significant size.
- Data for review are the speed test results on Ookla Speedtest servers.
- The comparison results arrived herein are based on the data taken from the Ookla speedtest servers and is based on the average results for all leading telecom operators, operating 3G services in India
The claim “Upload 43% faster” is arrived at by comparing the speed of Vodafone network to the next highest one.
The claim “Download 22% faster” is arrived at by comparing the speed of Vodafone network to the next highest one.
The above is certified by 3rd Party Independent Consultancy Firm of International Repute apart from Ookla’s own validation.